- 1 cup Milkwhole
- 1 fluid ounce Amamretto
- 1 fluid ounce Cognacor good quality brandy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 piece vanilla bean
- nutmeg or toasted almondsfor garnish
This is really the sort of winter drink that reminds me of an evening in front of the fireplace with a good book, an open box of Christmas cookies and rolled into a think blanket.
It also reminds me of the non-alcoholic version, everything but the alcohol) my mother used to serve us to keep us growing and healthy when my siblings and I were younger.
The idea of serving the drink in a small milk bottle came when I visited Hong Kong last, and saw those bottles in the supermarket. I just had to buy milk and keep the bottles, knowing that they would come in handy sooner or later.
- Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise in half.
- In a saucepan bring gently heat the milk, honey and vanilla and infuse the milk for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla bean and scrape out the seeds. Discard the pod and return the seeds to the milk. Add the amaretto and the cognac and blend up with a hand blender. You want to ensure that a nice froth has formed.
- Pour in your serving glass, with additional froth on top and sprinkle with a little nutmeg to your liking.
- Alternatively slivered toasted almonds make a suitable decoration as well.