Vodka, Melon, Lime and Mint
- 1.5 cups watermelon roughly chopped
- 45 millilitres vodka
- 45 millilitres sugar syrup
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 4 ice cubes
A popular drink in Mexico is Agua Fresca, literally translated it means 'Fresh Water'. It consists of any available fresh fruit juice mixed with cold water and a little sugar. It is a perfect drink for the hot Mexican climate and is the inspiration behind this recipe, although inspired by; I did stop short of naming it, 'Vodka Fresca'.
- Squeeze the lime into a blender.
- Muddle the mint and lime flesh in a highball glass.
- Remove the lime and mint pulp (leave as much juice and oil from the mint and lime in the glass as possible).
- Add the watermelon, vodka, sugar syrup and ice to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the glass, garnish with fresh lime and mint and serve immediately.