- 3 pounds sashimi grade tuna loin
- 6 tablespoons pistachioroughly chopped
- 1 lemonzest only, blanched 3 times and thinly julienne
- 12 sprigs basil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oilfrom provence
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 4 teaspoons Tabasco Chipotle pepper sauce
- dillto taste
- 1 cup Nicoise olivespitted
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oiloil from Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco garlic pepper sauce
- Place a 10” X 10” piece of plastic wrap on a cutting board.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil onto plastic wrap.
- Place a slice of tuna on top of wrap and drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil on top of tuna.
- Place an identical piece of plastic wrap on top of the tuna.
- With a kitchen mallet, gently pound tuna to paper thin, ensuring the consistency of the tuna is the same thinness.
- Repeat with remaining tuna, refrigerate and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together and whisk enough to create tiny lemon/Chipotle sauce bubbles.
- Do not create a stable emulsion.
- Process Nicoise olives until coarsely ground.
- Slowly add Provence extra virgin olive oil.
- Finish with Tabasco garlic pepper sauce.
- Gently peel plastic off of the tuna, and place tuna on plate.
- Drizzle vinaigrette on top of tuna.
- Add chopped pistachios, confite lemon zest.
- With 2 spoons, shape a ‘football’ and place at center of the plate, on top of tuna.
- Top with a nice sprig of basil and serve.