- 90 grams strawberriesfresh, cleaned
- 90 millilitres Water
- 90 millilitres reduced balsamic
- 20 grams medium honey
- 3-4 ice cubes
A real summer specialty. The idea was to recreate the Italian favorite of aged Balsamic vinegar as an accompaniment to marinated strawberries as an mock tail. The thickened, reduced balsamic vinegar can also be replaced by a side order of pure Balsamico, where a guest can flavor their own strawberry honey juice to their liking. Please ensure that you use very ripe and full flavored strawberries and a good quality honey. If you want to make this an alcoholic drink, replace the water with sparkling alcoholic cider.
- Blend the strawberries with the honey and the water. Adjust sweetness by adding more honey if needed.
- Pour the thickened balsamic reduction (as per the recipe provided in the “sauces & staples recipes” category) into a plastic bottle with small opening on the tip, then drip the down the inner sides of the glass.
- Pour in the strawberry-honey juice and serve immediately.