100 grams white fish filletsuch as blue eye
200 grams spanner crab meat
1 egg whites
100 millilitres thickened cream
1/2 bunch chiveschopped
24 wonton sheets8cm x 8 cm
1/3 daikon radishwhite radish
100 grams pumpkin
1 zucchiniouter green only
6 chinese cabbage
1 knob ginger
1 lemonjuice only
500 millilitres extra virgin olive oil
Shiso Japanese Basil Dressing
1 bunch coriander leaves and stalkswashed and chopped rough
60 millilitres ao jiso shisodressing
90 millilitres Vegetable Oil
- Pick through crab meat to get rid of any shell.
- Process fish fillet in food processor for 10 seconds.
- Add the egg white and whizz for 10 seconds more.
- Add the cream and blend until just combined.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix through crab meat, chives and season to taste.
- Place 12 sheets of wonton on a clean bench and brush with egg white (to help wontons stick)
- Then divide your crab mousse on each sheet.
- Place another sheet on top and press down to seal your ravioli, squeezing out any air.
- If you wish, you can cut the raviolo into a circle with a pastry cutter.
- Place on a tray and put in fridge to set for a ½ hour or so.
- Julienne all of the vegetables very finely.
Shiso Japanese Basil Dressing:
- Place coriander, ao jiso and half the oil in blender.
- Blend until smooth then add the rest of the oil slowly to emulsify.
- Store in a squeeze bottle until ready to serve.
- Prepare a steamer on the stove until hot. Steam wontons for approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss shredded vegetables in a bowl with lemon juice, virgin oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze some coriander dressing into 4 bowls.
- Place 3 raviolo into each bowl and top with the shredded vegetable salad.
- ao jiso can be sourced at Q.V asian supermarket.
- Spanner crab meat can be sourced from clamms seafoods 141 acland st St Kilda.