- 60 grams tuna
- 3 tablespoons sesame seed/pepper mix
- 10 millilitres fava bean cream
- 10 millilitres beetroot puree
- 1 medium scallop
- 15 grams granny smith apple
- 1 medium scampi
- 30 millilitres citric juice
- 15 grams cucumber
- 5 grams beetroot powder
- pinch chilli strands
- small strip nori seaweed
- black pepper
- garlic chips
- keta caviar
- wild bergamot
- caper powder
- Himalayan sea salt
- beetroot powder
Fava Bean Cream
- 100 grams fava beans
- 15 grams Butter
- 50 millilitres single cream
- 375 grams beetroot
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 25 grams unsalted butter
- Roll a strip of fresh tuna in the sesame/pepper mix and then sear in a hot smoking pan until seared evenly on all sides.
- Remove from pan and cut at an angle to achieve a triangular shape.
- Clean scampi and then marinade in equal parts lemon and mandarin juice with seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil for approx. 2 mins.
- Then place on a cucumber infused vinaigrette and season with beetroot powder.
- Sear a scored scallop in a hot pan for approx. 2 mins and then remove and trim, and then wrap in a strip of nori seaweed.
- Top the scallop with granny smith apple brunoise and garnish with keta caviar pearls and chilli strands.
Fava Bean Cream
- Clean the fava beans and discard the husk
- Heat the butter in a large pan until foamy, add the fava beans, season with a little salt and sweat gently over a low heat for approx. 2 mins
- Drain in a colander then transfer cooked beans to a blender,
- Cover blender with a tight fitting lid and blend on slow speed to start puree.
- When blending the puree start on low speed then slowly speed up.
- Bring single cream to boil and drizzle into mixture while still blending.
- You should have a thick smooth puree, pass through fine strainer and check for seasoning, this can be done advance and will keep in a fridge for 1-2 days.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Wash the beetroot and trim the stalks to 1cm, but leave the skins and roots on.
- Wrap each wet beetroot individually in foil and place in a roasting tin.
- Cook for approx 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Using a knife, slip off and discard the skins.
- Chop the flesh and place in a blender with the garlic, vinegar, thyme and butter.
- Season and whizz to a smooth purée.
- You can prepare in advance up to this stage and keep in the fridge for a few days.
- You just require a small spoon on the plate under the seared scallop.
- To complement the dish serve with fava bean cream and beetroot puree, garlic chips and a seasoning of Himalayan sea salt and caper powder.