- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup marsala wineor any fortified or sweet wine or sherry
The French have a name for it and the Italians have a name for it. I’m not sure who created it (and who really cares?) it tastes great, is simple to make and can turn any fruit into a rich and impressive dessert. Ok, my money is on the Italians, but if you know otherwise drop us an email.
- Place a saucepan with about 2 cms (1 inch) water in it on high heat to boil, and reduce to a rapid simmer
- Place the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl and add the sugar.
- Whisk until the yolks and sugar are thick.
- Place the bowl on top of the simmering water and whisk vigorously until the mixture starts to become even thicker and almost double in volume.
- Add the Marsala and continue whisking vigorously until the mixture is thick and very frothy.
- Serve immediately with poached or fresh fruit or over a light fruit based flan.