- 4-6 red bell peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons White Wine
- 3/4 tablespoon white vinegar
- Olive Oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Sea Salt
- 2 pinches sweet paprika
This roasted red peppers (capsicum) sauce is so simple and tasty that you’ll find yourself making it over and over again.
Try it with coconut crumbed fish or grilled chicken. Play around with it and you will find uses for it as a canapé or mix it with some sour cream and serve as a cold dip. The possibilities are endless.
How to Prepare the Red Pepper (Capsicum) Sauce
- Slice the capsicum (peppers) into strips.
- Sauté the capsicum strips and garlic in a little olive oil on high heat for about 3 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the wine and reduce slightly.
- Add the brown sugar, paprika and vinegar and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the pan into a food processor and process for 1 minute, until a thickish consistency.
- If it is too thin return it to the stove after processing and reduce a further few minutes.
- The capsicum sauce is now complete and can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.