Those beautiful almond shaped morsels of ice cream, mash potato, mousse, poached minced meats and purees you find so elegantly adorning your plate in that 5 star restaurant are called quenelles. Here’s how to make them at home.
- Scoop as much of the desired food into one spoon as you can.
- Holding that spoon still, scrape the food off with the other spoon.
- Now holding that spoon still scrape the food off with the other spoon.
- Continue this process until you have a nice 3 sided quenelle.
- Gently slide the quenelle off one spoon with the other spoon or simply allow the quenelle to fall off the spoon and onto the plate or into the poaching liquid.