2 bunches baby beetroot
extra virgin olive oil
1 lemonjuice only
4 x 160 grams fillet king salmon or ocean trout
60 millilitres Vegetable Oil
1 medium bulb of fennel
1/4 bunch tarragon
1/4 bunch flat parsleypicked, roughly choped
3 sprigs dill
20 millilitres Chardonnay-vinegar
80 millilitres extra virgin olive oil
100 grams labna
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees
- Trim and wash the beetroots.
- Wrap them in foil with a little seasoning and oil.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Peel while they are warm and trim to neaten.
- Dress with a little EVOO and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Shave the fennel as thinly as possible.
- Slice the radishes into thin rounds. Place into a bowl with herbs and dress with chardonnay vinegar and EVOO.
- Heat a fry-pan to high heat and add vegetable oil.
- Season the fish and place in the pan. Turn the heat down to a medium and gently cook skin side down until crisp.
- Turn the fish over or place the fry-pan in the oven to roast to the desired done-ness.
- While the fish is cooking, divide the labna between four plates, smear to create a base.
- Divide the fennel salad and beetroots between plates and sit the fish on top.
- A good squeeze of lemon to finish.