- 3 x 1 1/4 pounds live Maine lobsterscooked (page #), claws and bodies shelled (page #), cut into small dice
- 6 opal basil leavescut into small dice
- 6 sweet basil leavescut into small dice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cloves Garliccut in 1/2, germ removed
- 3 pounds vine ripened tomatoespeeled and seeded
- 1/2 chardonnayreduced by 1/2 to a 1/4 cup
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup veal jus
- Sea Salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup mushroom stock
- 2 cups truffle juicestore bought reference
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 2 ounces unsalted buttercut into small dice
- 1 tablespoon black truffle oil
- Combine the onions, garlic and butter in a pot; sweat the onions on medium heat, season lightly with sea salt.
- Cook the onions until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and heat through, season lightly with sea salt, once the tomatoes are hot add the chardonnay and bring to a boil.
- Add the three stocks and boil, reduce heat to low.
- Cook on low, stirring often being careful not to let burn on the bottom until all the liquid has evaporated and the sauce is thick.
- Pass the sauce through a food mill into a bowl over a bowl of ice. Mix to cool.
- In a tall pot with high sides reduce the mushroom stock by half on medium heat.
- Add the truffle juice and reduce by 1/4.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter, truffle oil while blending with a hand blender until very bubbly.
- Season to taste with sea salt, white pepper and a few drops of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Keep warm in the pot.
- Heat 6 dinner plates in a warm oven.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, adding about 1 tablespoons of salt per quart of water.
- Divide the tomato sauce into two pans (it’s easier to mix and plate in two pans.
- Gently heat the sauce adding 1 tablespoon of butter to each pan mixing to emulsify.
- Add the lobster and heat until just hot, but not overdone.
- Cook the pasta for 1 ½ minutes in the boiling water and divide it into the 2 lobster Bolognese pots.
- Add the chopped basil and extra virgin olive oil add a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to each pan.
- Season to taste, spin the pasta around a meat fork and lay it down in the center of the heated plates, spoon the lobster Bolognese in a line over the paste.
- Blend the truffle sauce with a hand blender until frothy. Spoon the froth over the pasta and serve.