Salty Lassi Recipe
- 90 grams Carrots
- 10 grams Gingeryields apporx. 60 ml juice
- 150 grams thick natural yoghurt
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 4-5 ice cubes
- for garnish mint leafs
- sea salt flakes to taste
Mango Lassi Recipe
- 160 grams mango fleshapprox. 1 mango
- 30 grams honey
- 240 grams thick natural yoghurt
- 1 Limejuice only
- mint leafsfor garnish
These two delicious lassi recipes – the salty lassi recipe and the very popular mango lassi recipe – are brought to you by chef Thomas Wenger.
Lassi’s are traditional frothy Indian yogurt drinks, which were originally salty and savory. Lately they have been also served sweet and the sweet versions, especially the mango lassi, have become the favorite lassi’s of all.
Lassi’s are incredibly delicious and they are perfect for a hot summer afternoon. They are also an excellent and healthy drink for children.
Salty lassi’s are usually made by blending yoghurt with water or ice, and seasoned with spices such as cardamom, cumin, chili and saffron.
Sweet lassi’s are are very popular these days and can be flavored with mango, strawberry, lemon, rosewater and other well ripened fruits. Probably the mango lassi recipe is the most popular and searched for today.
How to Prepare a Carrot and Ginger Lassi
The carrot and ginger lassi is very easy to prepare and will only take a few minutes. Below are the instructions.
- In a centrifuge juice extractor, juice the carrots and the ginger and chill well.
- Blend all the other ingredients and add the ginger-carrot juice. Blend until well frothy.
How to Prepare a Mango Lassi
Your favorite lassi recipe – the mango lassi – is super delicious and super easy to prepare. There’s only one thing to do, which is to blend all ingredients together.
- Blend all ingredients together until well frothy.