4x12 inch flour tortilla
2 cups kimichi
8 sesame leaf
4 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds
8 tablespoons Butter
4 tablespoons canola oil
4 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
This dish started as a fun food for us to enjoy in the truck and it just hit the streets with a force. Its spirit comes from Koreatown.
- First cook kimchi with butter and continue to stir over medium heat til caramelized and charred, set aside.
- Oil pan or griddle and place tortilla on pan and add 1 cup of cheese on one half, covering to make it look like a black and white cookie.
- Add 1/2 cup of kimchi, layer two ripped sesame leaves, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Fold over empty half of tortilla to create a half moon.
- Continue to cook and flip over.
- The quesadilla should look blistered like a Neapolitan pizza.
- Cut and enjoy the drippy goodness….