- 400 millilitres buffalo milk
- 400 millilitres fresh cream
- 90 grams Sugar
- 50 grams arrowroot
- 10 grams corn flour
- 3 grams mastic
- 5 grams ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat milk, cream and sugar stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
- Add, mastic cornflour and arrowroot. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 15 minutes.
- Boil for 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Put a metal baking pan over a medium-high burner and ladle in about 1 cup of the mixture, or enough to just cover bottom of pan.
- Let the pan heat to thoroughly burn the milk mixture.
- To get an evenly burned milky bottom, occasionally shift pan back and forth over the burner. The darker the burned milk layer gets, the more flavourful the finished dish will be. Look for a deep chocolate brown colour.
- Bring the mixture back to a boil, then pour it over burned pudding in baking pan.
- Let cool, then cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Cut into small squares and transfer with a spatula to individual serving plates, burned bottoms up.
- Dust with cinnamon
- Optional : Serve with sour cherry jam and shaved white chocolate.