Jerusalem Artichoke, Truffle, Norfolk Lamb
- 120 grams flat leaf parsley
- 120 grams hazelnuts
- 380 grams egg whites
- 240 grams egg yolks
- 60 grams plain flour
- 5 grams caster sugar
- 6 grams salt
Jerusalem Artichoke Puree
- 600 grams Jerusalem artichokes peeled & finely chopped
- 180 grams full fat milk
- 180 grams double cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 fresh truffle chopped
Jerusalem Artichoke Peel
- 6 large Jerusalem artichokes washed
- 1 breast of lamb
- sea salt
Pearl Barley Risotto
- 300 grams pearl barley washed and soaked
- 1.5 litre True Food white chicken stock
- 1 banana shallot finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 100 grams salt butter
- 25 grams flat leaf parsley chopped
Confit Lamb Loin
- 1 short saddle of lamb
- 100 millilitres lamb fat
Things to Finish Dish
- slices of fresh truffles
- parsley cress
- Place all into a blender and blend until smooth, pass through a fine sieve, place into a gas gun and charge 3 time.
- Rest for 30mins before using and DONT PLACE IN FRIDGE !!
- Cut holes into the bottom and sides of plastic cups, fill the cups one third of the way up with the parsley mix.
- Cook in microwave for 30secs to 1mins, place on cooling rack allow to cool.
- Water bath set @ 85c
- Place artichokes, milk, cream, salt and sugar into a vac-pac bag seal on full, place in the water bath and cook for about 30mins or until tender.
- Remove and place in blender, blend until smooth add the butter
- Season with salt, pepper and chopped truffle.
- Pre heat oven @ 180c / fry @ 170c
- Bake the artichokes on a bed of sea salt in the oven for 30mins or until tender.
- Once cooked let the artichokes cool down in ice water, dry off the artichokes and scoop out all of the inside so you are left with just skin.
- Deep fry @ 170c until golden brown and crispy.
- 1 Jerusalem artichoke per person.
- Wash the artichokes well.
- Grill the artichokes on a hot bbq until lightly toasted and smoked all over.
- Place in a oven @ 170c for about 20-30mins until tender.
- Slice season with lemon juice & sea salt.
- Slowly poached hens yolks.
- Pre heat water bath @ 63c
- Place whole egg into the bath for 11/2 hours, remove from water, crack the egg to remove the egg yolk be very careful as breaks easily. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Trim up the lamb Breast a little, sprinkle with sea salt and let stand a room temp for 30mins
- Wash and dry and place in oven tray and roast in oven @ 190c for 30-40mins. Until golden brown and crispy.
- Allow to cool a little and chop fat coarsely, the runny fat pass through muslin and keep for a warm dressing.
- Cook like a risotto – please give more process.
- Place a large pot on to the stove top on a medium heat add a knob of butter, sweat off the shallots and garlic until cooked but make sure there is no colour.
- Add the pearl barley and cover with white wine cook out until the white is almost gone, add half the chicken stock bring to the boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer and cook out for about 35mins or until the barley is soft and tender.
- You may need to add a little more stock as the barley cooks. To finish the barley season with salt and pepper, knob of butter and chopped parsley.
- Take the lamb loin off of the saddle of lamb and trim, place the lamb loin, fat and salt into a vac-pac bag and seal on full.
- Place in the water bath set @ 72 for 20mins.
- Remove from the Waterbath and rest for 5mins.
- When ready to serve remove from the bag and slice thinly using 3 slices a portion.