We are thrilled to showcase a recipe by celebrity Chef Bryan-David Scott
. He has made a name of himself by creating original and super delicious dishes by infusing luxury coffee and beverages into his creations.
This is one of his favorite steaks to prepare for guests: grilled Wagyu, grade A5, BMS 10. I am passionate about using natural wood and charcoal rather than a gas grill, saysChef Bryan-Davis Scott.
Grilled Wagyu Recipe by Chef Bryan-David Scott
To prepare the Wagyu steak the Coffee Chef way
, bring it to room temperature 15 minutes prior to grilling. This magnificent beef deserves special attention to every detail, including how to arrange the wood, and coals. Create a dual zone within a kettle style grill
(wood/coals in front, empty space in rear).
- Blend dry ingredients together, liberally sprinkle over top and bottom of steak.
- Place on grill, directly over coals for 1 minute. Turn. Grill for 1 minute. Turn, but turn steak to 90 degrees. Grill for 1.5 minutes. Turn at 90 degrees. Grill for 1.5 minutes.
- Check temperature. Personal preference for this steak is an internal temperature of 130 degrees F. Recommend that this steak not be grilled past 135 degrees F (57 °C).
- Immediately place on a natural wood cutting board, cover tightly with foil
- Let rest. A good rule to follow is allow 1 minute resting time for every 100 g.
- Slice thinly. Gently sprinkle Soto Sake over the steak. Sprinkle Persian Blue salt, and the prepared pepper over the steak.