- 1 octopus
- 1 quart soy sauce
- 2 bunches cilantro
- 2 ounce cardamom
- 2 ounce coriander
- 5 Lemon Zest
- 5 Lemon Juice
- 3 fluid ounce Sugar
- 4 fluid ounce water
- 1 tablespoon Agar-agar
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 clove Garlic
- approx 8 fl oz Olive Oiluntil correct texture
- Bring all ingredients together in a large pot until you have a rolling boil.
- Submerge octopus and continue to boil for 3 minutes.
- Lower heat to a slow simmer and continue to cook for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on size.
- Remove and refrigerate.
- Cut tentacles off body and set aside.
To Finish/Garnish/ServeLemon Gel
- Heat lemon zest, lemon, sugar, water to a simmer.
- Whisk in Agar Agar and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Leave to cool, then afterwards place in blender and blend until smooth.
- Blend all ingredients together.