90 grams ginger root
10 grams mint leafs
300 grams granulated sugar
300 millilitres Water
480 millilitres sparkling water
This is a summer drink as a summer drink should be. This reminds me of lazy summer afternoons on the porch, or looking at the sunset on the beach.
The ginger infusion gives this drink a crisp, slightly spicy note and the mint leaves make the drink refreshing.
- Make a simple syrup with 300 ml water and the same amount in volume of sugar and the mint leaves.
- When the sugar has dissolved remove the mint leaves and add the sliced ginger to the simple syrup.
- Bring the syrup one more time to boil and let it cool with the ginger in the refrigerator. Infuse for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare your serving glasses with a couple ice cubes and the mint leaves that were set aside earlier, then fill the glasses to approximately half with the ginger syrup.
- Fill up with the soda water and stir well, adjust sweetness by adding either more syrup or more soda and serve immediately.
- Alternatively make a batch of the ginger soda mixture in a carafe and serve into the prepared glasses right at the table side.