2 small tins mandarin segmentsapprox 310 gram (11 oz)
30 Shortcrust canapé pastry cups
200 grams crab meatcooked
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Fresh Cream
2 tablespoons fresh dill sprigs
sea salt flakes
This is a great little recipe to pull out as a simple yet impressive canapé next time you want to make an impression. All the ingredients are pretty easy to find although the trip to your local fish market for the fresh cooked crab meat is the key. Do not use crab that has ever been frozen, or canned. At a stretch, the pasteurised stuff in the refrigerated section of your local supermarket or deli can be used, but really the only choice for me is fresh cooked.
- Carefully pick through the crab meat and remove any remnants of shell your seafood purveyor may have missed.
- Place the crab meat into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, cream, chopped dill and lime zest.
- Fold until combined.
- Spoon into canapé cups until half full.
- Garnish with 1 small mandarin segment and 1 sprig of dill, (some of the segments may be too large and need to be cut down).
- Makes about 30