- 4 small pieces fresh ocean trout
- 200 millilitres Olive Oil
- 1 bunch basil
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 Onion
- 1 cauliflower
- 50 grams Butter
- 50 millilitres Cream
- 50 grams mesculin or rocket (for garnish)
- 50 millilitres Vegetable Oil
- 500 millilitres Milk
- Pick the leaves off the basil. Blanch in boiling water for 5 seconds, drain, and puree with the vegetable oil.
- Crush the stalks along with the parsley, thyme, coriander seeds and the zest of the lemon.
- Add to the oil and warm over a low heat.
- Allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Sweat the onion in butter and then add the cauliflower florettes and the milk.
- Cook until soft and then puree.
- Skin and bone the ocean trout as demonstrated.
- Place the ocean trout in the warm oil. Make sure the oil is not hotter than 60 C leave for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked but firm.
- Spoon the cauliflower puree between 4 plates.
- Place a piece of ocean trout in the centre of each, top with the mesculin and sauce with basil oil.