- 1 piece cinnamon stick 1 inch piece
- 2 whole green cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- piece fresh ginger 2 inch, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts cubed
- ½ cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 1 ½ cup canned crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or any vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dry fenugreek leaves crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt or as desired
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Blend the ‘Blend’ ingredients in a spice or coffee grinder. Set aside.
- In medium size mixing bowl, add the ‘Marinade’ ingredients.
- Add the ‘Blend’ ingredients to the ‘Marinade’ ingredients and mix. Set aside.
- Puree the ‘Puree’ ingredients in a blender. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add oil and butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the ‘Marinade’ ingredients and cook for 10 minutes. Stir once every other minute.
- Add the ‘Puree’ ingredients and mix. Lower heat and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Add cream, fenugreek leaves, salt and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes or until butter starts floating on top of the sauce.