Brussels Sprouts With Tamari & Almonds
- 250 grams brussel sprouts outer layer removed
- 50 grams butter or olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 150 millilitres Tamari
- 50 millilitres lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 1000 millilitres cold pressed sunflower oil
- 50 millilitres lemon oil
- 10 egg yolks
- lemon juice to taste
- 25 grams tamari almonds
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter in a large frypan, add sprouts, season and cook to get a deep golden colour, then roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the sprouts are well coloured and very soft.
- In a robot coupe place the yolks, mustard, tamari, lemon juice and zest
- Stream in the oils until you have a thick mayonnaise.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and lemon juice. Place into a squeeze bottle to serve.
- Place the roasted brussels sprouts into a serving dish squeeze the mayonnaise over the to and microplane the tamarin almond all over.