Beetroot Risotto and Gorgonzola
- 1 kilogram carnaroli rice
- 500 grams raw beetroot
- 300 grams reggiano cheese
- 5 liters chicken stock
- 300 millilitres white wine
- 200 grams sour cream
- 300 grams gorgonzola cheese
- 100 millilitres cream 35%
- sea salt to taste
- 200 grams shallots
- Put the beetroot through the juicer to obtain the fresh beetroot jus.
- Melt very slowly gorgonzola with the cream on a low heat.
- Cook the shallots in olive oil, over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and shake the pan to coat the grains in oil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add wine but do not stir, reduce heat and shake the pan every few minutes until the wine has been absorbed.
- Add enough stock to just completely cover the rice.
- Leave to cook, without stirring for 10 minutes, adding beetroot jus as necessary to keep the rice just covered.
- Remove from heat, add sour cream and reggiano cheese and stir vigorously, then leave to rest, uncovered for 1 minute.
- Spoon risotto evenly onto a warm plate, drizzle with the gorgonzola sauce and extra virgin olive oil