- Preheat oven to 160-170 degrees (320-340 fahrenheit)
- Butter 6-7 fluted ramekins (or muffin cups) thoroughly
- Slice 2 bananas into 2 cm pieces.
- Soften those bananas in saucepan with water, vanilla essence & brown sugar.
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in egg
- Fold flour through slowly.
- Fold in softened bananas & macadamia.
- Slice the 3rd banana into slices on a 45 degree angle and place one slice into the bottom of each ramekin.
- Pour the mix on top of the slice into ramekins and fill just below full.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before taking out.
For the Coconut Butterscotch Sauce
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Lower heat and stir in 1 tbsp brown sugar at a time. Stir in as much brown sugar as it takes to absorb all the liquid butter, should be slightly sludgy but not wet.
- Stir in enough coconut cream until a light caramel colour or desired consistency is reached.
- Stir over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Place the puddings, upside down into individual bowls or deep plates, and ladle the warm Coconut Butterscotch Sauce over each pudding.
- Dollop a tbsp of double cream onto them and garnish with toasted coconut.