Warm Pickled Oyster with Iced Cucumber, K5 Txakoli Wine and Spicy Apple Foam
- No 1 Sorlut Oysters as required
- 250 grams cucumber juice including skin
- 100 grams sake
- 45 grams mirin
- 30 leaves mint
- 2 grams
- 20 grams Sugar
- 45 grams lime juice
- 1 sheet gelatine
Light Escabeche Marinade
- 1 bulb garlic
- 3 medium onions
- 3 carrots
- 3 shallots
- 2 stalks celery
- 250 grams manzanilla wine
- 250 grams white wine
- 600 grams sherry vinegar
- 1.5 litre ham stock
- 1.5 litre water
- 250 grams olive oil
- thyme as required
- rosemary as required
- 400 grams water
- 150 grams small potatoes washed and peeled
- 300 grams ham
- 4 grams garlic
- 1 small onion peeled and whole
- 100 grams apple cider vinegar
- 70 grams acacia honey
- 60 grams mineral water
- 2 grams ground black pepper
- 2 grams fresh thyme
- 50 grams sliced shallots
- 160 grams oyster water
- 25 grams mineral water
- 5 grams lemon juice
- 3 grams sodium gluconate
- 0.7 gram silver powder SOSA
- 1 gram Xanthan
- 2 grams
- 1 litre water
- 4 grams alginate
Spicy Apple Foam
- 200 grams spicy syrup
- 400 grams granny smith apple puree
- 6.5 grams gelatine
- 500 grams water
- 150 grams Sugar
- 4 fresh peppers
- 100 grams Txakoli
- Open the oysters carefully trying not to break them. Place them in a bowl.
- Strain the water from the shell through a sieve.
- Wash oysters in the water.
- Blend the cucumber with the skin, and all other ingredients except the lime juice.
- Combine in a processor and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
- Add the lime juice and mix well.
- Season to taste.
- Put in the freezer to freeze, stirring every 5 minutes to maintain a bright green slush.
- Saute the vegetables starting with the garlic in oil over low temperature.
- Once all the vegetables are lightly cooked add the manzanilla wine and white wine and reduce to almost dry.
- Then add the vinegar and boil for 15 minutes to remove the intensity of vinegar until you are left with a nice marinade.
- Then add the ham stock and reduce by half.
- Once the marinade is ready, pass it through a fine sieve.
- Reserve the vegetables to one side and the marinade broth on another.
- Take one part of broth/escabeche (about 150 grams) and add it to all the vegetables in a processor and puree until you achieve a fine smooth creamy texture.
- Save the rest of the broth to warm the oysters with.
- If necessary add some more broth and xanthan to the creamy mixture.
- Together in a saucepan add the water, potatoes, diced ham, garlic and onion and cook for 1 hour at low heat, semi covered so as to not evaporate too much.
- Combine all the ingredients except the shallots and place on the heat.
- Once hot, add the shallots and let them cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cover with baking paper and put inside the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- Combine sea water, mineral water, lemon juice, gluco silver powder and xanthan.
- Mix well in a processor until completely combined.
- Take the mixture into a syringe and remove the air 3 times.
- Using the syringe drop little drops "pearls" from a height of about 5 cm into the alginate bath.
- Leave in the bath for 1 minute and refresh in cold water, where they will remain for now.
- Combine the water with algin and stand at least 2 hours
- Heat a pot with the spicy syrup.
- Hydrate the gelatin in cold water.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and add the dissolved gelatin.
- Add the liquid from apples to the mixture and place in a whipping siphon; cream gun.
- Close the siphon and introduce two loads of gas.
- Keep the food inside the refrigerator.
- Make a syrup by heating the water and sugar in a saucepan. Infuse fresh chilies, breaking one of them.
- Once infused drain and add the Txakoli.
- Once the oysters are open and clean.
- Warm escabeche to 70 degrees. Remove from heat.
- Add oysters for 45 seconds.
- Plate on the shell.
- Top with escabeche (aprox 70 degrees)
- Add cucumber sake, pickled shallot, apple foam