- 500 grams Greek thick full fat yoghurt
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- sea salt
- freshly ground black peppe
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice only
Tzatziki, is a wonderful addition to many meals. I like to use it on virtually any grilled fish or chicken dish. Use it as a dip for vegetables, or a replacement to mayonnaise. Of course traditionally it is served with Greek dolmades or chicken souvlaki.
- Pour any liquid collected on the top of the yoghurt off.
- Squeeze as much juice from the diced cucumber as possible.
- Combine the yoghurt, cucumber, garlic, a few pinches of salt, a few turns of the pepper mill, 2 tbsps olive oil, and the lemon juice.
- Gently stir and place in the fridge for 1 hour prior to serving.