TZATZIKI – CUCUMBER YOGURT DIP
- 1 litre thick goat milk yogurt
- 6 medium cucumbers unpeeled (2 of them pickled in salt for 24 hours, if possible)
- 6 stems fresh dill lower third removed, leaves chopped
- 6 sprigs leaves from 6 mint sprigs leaves only, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic level tsp
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar good quality
- 1 teaspoon salt level tsp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper coarsely ground
- Put the yogurt in a colander layered with cheesecloth and let drip for 2-3 hours.
- Halve the cucumbers lengthwise, deseed them and grate on a coarse grinder.
- Squeeze the grated cucumbers between your palms to exude liquids and transfer into a bowl.
- Add the dill, mint, garlic, vinegar and salt, stir and chill well (to the yogurt ball).
- Before serving, check the seasoning.
- Pour the olive oil over the salad, sprinkle with some black pepper and serve.