- 6 tuna steaks from the loin
- 6 eggs
- 20-30 cherry medley or heirloom tomatoes
- 12 white marinated anchovy fillets
- 6 small kipfler potatoes
- 30-40 green beans
- 2 heads frisee
- 1 bunch basil
- shaved bottarga
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- approx 36 olives mixed
- 6 zucchini flowers
- peas (a little pinch per person)
- This can all be pre prepared apart from the tuna which should be done last minute.
- Set yourself up a pot on the stove with water and an ice bath.
- Kipflers cooked in cold water to start until just soft and set aside to cool and then peeled and left aside.
- When water in pot is boiling, blanch green beans until they just change color and then refresh in an ice bath and set aside.
- Let water come to boil again and then place eggs in gently and cook for exactly eight minutes and then either refresh in ice or run under cold water. Peel when cool and set aside.
- Pick frisee (inner leaves) and basil and combine in a bowl with all of the other ingredients except tuna and egg and bottarga). Chop medley tomatoes in half and olives and potatoes into small parts also. Remove flower from baby zucchini and chop bottom into small rounds.
- Dress with lemon juice and olive oil and taste (usually 1 part lemon juice to two parts oil). Separate into 6 serving bowls.
- Peel and tear one egg on each plate (into 3 or so pieces each, yolk should be runny so it adds to “dressing” the salad).
- Season tuna and grill quickly both side and place on top of each plate.
- Microplane bottarga over the top