- 24 oysters pre shucked
- 50 grams plain flour
- 50 grams corn flour
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 175 soda water chilled
- 2 red chilli finely diced
- 35 grams ginger finely diced
- 2 tablespoons coriander chopped
- 1 teaspoon
- 60 millilitres soy sauce
- 60 millilitres water
- 1 lime juice only
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- Remove oyster meat from shells and place onto paper towel to dry
- Pre heat deep fryer to 180 deg. C (alternatively heat oil in large pan and test with a small piece of bread – it should go golden in colour)
- Clean shells under water and dry
- In a bowl, mix arrowroot, and 2 x tsp plain tap water to make a slurry.
- Then mix soy sauce, water, lime juice and warm in a small pan. Once warm, add 2 x tsp of the slurry mix to the dressing and leave to cool. Once chilled, add chilli, ginger and coriander and mix well.
- In a bowl, mix flour and cornflour together with sesame seeds and salt. Slowly add soda water using your fingers to mix. Batter should be slightly lumpy and cold. Place into fridge.
- Ensure oysters have lost excess water then place them into the batter and mix them through. Once at a time drop them into the hot oil and fry for one minute. Drain on paper towel then put the oysters back in their shell and arrange onto four plates.
- Mix dressing well and spoon over oysters, and serve with lime wedges.