- 2 pounds ripe strawberries
- 2.5 pounds strawberries greens removed
- 8 ounce white onions thinly sliced
- 8 ounce red bell peppers seeded and thinly sliced
- 10 ounce cucumbers peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic peeled, thinly sliced
- 10 grams tarragon leaves
- strawberry consomme see recipe above
- 10 millilitres balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Hull 2 additional pounds of ripe strawberries and place in a bowl.
- Wrap the bowl tightly in plastic wrap and place the bowl over a double boiler.
- Simmer until the strawberries have given up their liquid and nothing remains.
- Strain the consommé, letting it drain for a bit without pressing, and chill.
- This is the liquid that you use to thin down the gazpacho.
- Crush strawberries by hand over a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients, EVOO, and balsamic vinegar. Allow to marinate for 1-2 days.
- Puree in a blender,then strain.
- Adjust the thickness by thinning the puree down with strawberry consomme.
- Adjust the seasoning with fine sea salt.