Strawberry Cheese Cake with Yuzu & Meringue
- 450 grams strawberry puree
- 50 grams raspberry purée
- 150 millilitres water
- 4 grams agar agar (If you do not have this, the taste will be the same but the texture will be a little more liquid)
- 50 millilitres strawberry liqueur
- 20 grams Sugar
Yuzu Ice Cream
- 880 millilitres milk
- 250 millilitres cream
- 65 grams powdered milk
- 220 grams Sugar
- 35 grams dextrose
- 7 grams ice cream stabilizer
- 4 yuzus
- 100 grams butter
- 100 grams Sugar
- 100 grams almond flour
- 100 grams flour
- 50 grams egg white
- 100 grams Sugar
- 800 millilitres cream
- 400 grams cottage cheese
- 120 grams Sugar
- 70 grams milk powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod sliced lengthways, or 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200 grams icing sugar
- 60 grams egg yolk 3 yolks
- 300 grams butter soft
- 500 grams flour
- pinch salt
A delicious Strawberry Cheesecake with Yuzu Ice-cream, Meringue and Strawberry Puree.
- Mix all the ingredients together and bring to boil and let cool.
- Once cold, blend with a hand blender and pass through a fine strainer to obtain a smooth texture.
- Make a hot infusion with the milk, cream plus 1⁄2 yuzu zest so that the milk and cream obtain the citrus flavour.
- Leave to cool.
- Mix together dries ingredients (powdered milk, sugar, dextrose, ice cream stabilizer)
- Dissolve the dry mixture into the cooled milk and cream infusion.
- Heat to 82 C and cool rapidly once it reaches the temperature. When cooked add the yuzu juice and the rest of the yuzu zest (depending on the taste)
- -Leave to mature for 12 - 24 hours
- -Pass through a sieve and put in ice cream machine.
- Mix together all ingredients with your fingers to obtain a loose crumble and cook in the oven at 160 degrees C for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until it becomes slightly crunchy.
- Heat the egg white and sugar to 50 degrees C.
- Beat until firm.
- Put in a pastry-piping bag and pipe small meringues approximately the size of a grape.
- Dry in the oven slowly at approximately 80 degree C until they are dry.
- Beat the cottage cheese (quark), cream and milk powder together.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until thick, pale and foamy, add the vanilla seed and fold in the cheese and cream mixture.
- Mix everything together in a food blender.
- Roll out.
- Place in a lightly greased cake tin of approximately 28 cm in diameter.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on the top.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 C.
- Leave to cool for 2-4 hours
- Should you wish to make mini cheesecakes like in the picture, use a cake cutter to cut your desired size.
- Add fresh strawberries and decorate the plate with puree, meringue, ice-cream and sprinkle with crumble.