- 3 bunches baby carrots washed, stems trimmed
- 1.5 tablespoons harissa paste
- 300 grams chicken thats been roasted and shredded
- 1 punnet wild rocket
- 2 tablespoons mung bean sprouts
- 3 sprigs mint picked and hand torn
- 5 sprigs coriander picked and washed
- 3 tablespoons roasted cashews chopped
- 2 avocadoes halved, seeded and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons citrus dressing see recipe below
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 300 millilitres extra virgin olive oil
- Place carrots in a baking dish rub with a Tblsp of olive oil then toss with harrissa, season with a pinch or 2 of salt. Roast at 180c till golden and a little burnt at the tips and tender. (nobody likes crunchy buggs bunny carrots!) Allow to cool, room temp.
- Combine all ingredients along with a pinch of sea salt and crack of pepper. Toss till all combined.
- Arrange salad on 4 decorative bowls or plates. Alternatively you could leave out the chicken and serve as an accompaniment to a roast dinner.
- Zest the orange with a micro-plane.
- Cut orange in half and sear the cut side in a hot non-stick pan for about 5 mins till caramelized.
- Squeeze out 3 Tblsp of juice from the caramelized orange and whisk in 1 tspn of the zest along with the vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- Dressing will keep fine in the fridge for about 4 days.