Soft-Boiled Egg Coated in Brioche with Winter Vegetables and Viande Des Grisons Shavings
- 4 extra fresh eggs
- 150 grams brioche crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 8 carrots with tops
- 100 grams Jerusalem artichoke
- 100 grams salsify
- 100 grams swede
- 100 grams beetroot
- 100 grams Di Chioggia beetroot
- 2 leaves Pak Choy cabbage
- 100 grams edamame beans
- 50 grams spinach shoots
- 3 decilitre chicken jus
- 5 decilitre white chicken stock
- 100 grams butter
- 50 grams Viande des Grisons
- 6 sprigs chervil
- 5 decilitre groundnut oil
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 6 minutes then leave them to cool.
- Shell the eggs and roll them first in the egg white followed by the brioche crumbs.
- Peel and wash the vegetables. With the aid of a vegetable peeler peel a few shavings of salsify and fry them in groundnut oil.
- Coarsely chop the remaining vegetables and fry individually in butter with a drizzle of white chicken stock.
- Thinly slice the Viande des Grisons. Reduce the chicken jus by 3/4 and add the aged vinegar.
- Place the vegetables elegantly in the centre of the plates, deep-fry the eggs for 1 minute at 160°C, then remove the tops.
- Delicately place the eggs on top of the vegetables, add the Viande des Grisons.
- Finish dressing with the fried salsify, sprigs of chervil and the chicken jus.