Roasted Peewee Carrots, Orange Miso Glaze & Tofu Puree
Orange Miso Glaze
- 1 quart orange juice
- ½ cup miso
- 1 block tofu
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 pounds roasted carrots
- 5 sliced shallots
- canola oil enough to coat carrots
- 1 tablespoon berbere spice
- salt to taste
- ½ cup orange miso glaze
- tofu puree as needed
- Reduce orange juice by half, whisk in miso.
- Puree all ingredients in a vitaprep.
- Toss carrots with shallots, berbere spice, salt and canola oil.
- Roast in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes turning half way through the roasting process.
- Just before serving toss carrots in orange miso glaze, roast for 5 minutes in 400 degree oven to glaze the carrots.
- Dot with tofu puree before serving.