Risotto with Italian Veal Sausage, Taleggio & Frangelico
- 280 Riso Gran Riserva Carnaroli
- 250 grams Italian veal sausage
- 50 grams butter
- 1 shallot
- 60 grams Parmigiano Reggiano 24 months aged
- 100 millilitres extra virgin olive oil
- 180 grams Taleggio
- 50 millilitres Frangelico
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- flat leaf parsley
- 2 grams thyme
- Prepare a nice and light vegetables stock.
- Cut in small cubes the Taleggio.
- Chop the Shallots very thin.
- In a heavy based saucepan melt the butter and add the shallots, soften over a low heat without colouring.
- Add the sausage and roast it until nicely coloured.
- Add the rice, with a pinch of salt, and stir continuously until the rice is nicely toasted but not coloured.
- Next add the white wine and stir until evaporated.
- Cover the rice with the vegetable stock and a pinch of salt.
- Continue to cook the rice over a medium heat stirring constantly adding vegetable stock until the rice is cooked al dente, about 15 min.
- To finish the risotto beat in the taleggio and add to the rice parmesan, the remaining butter, thyme, parsley and a shot of Frangelico.
- Season it to taste.
- * Tips: To have a nice al dente and all’onda risotto: once the risotto is cooked take it off of the heat, add all the ingredients list it above and leave it to rest for 1 minute covered with a clean towel.