Market Vegetables and Thousand Island Powder
- 1 bulb fennel thinly sliced
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 5 zucchini blossoms thinly sliced
- blended oil
- 1 cup sunchokes diced (Jerusalem artichokes)
- 1 cup squash diced
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 cup heirloom carrots
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup Romanesco florets
- blended oil
Thousand Island Powder
- 10 grams malt vinegar powder
- 15 grams tomato powder
- 10 grams yogurt powder
- 10 grams buttermilk powder
- 5 grams onion powder
- 2 grams garlic powder
- 2 grams dried dill
To Assemble and Serve
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 nasturtium leaves
- 1/2 cup chickweed
- lemon juice
- Lay vegetables on dehydrator trays, and in a dehydrator set to 160°F, dry vegetables for 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 300°F. In a sauté pan, heat oil on low flame and caramelize sunchokes until golden.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature, and purée in a food processor.
- Spread onto a half sheet and bake until dry.
- Remove from oven, cool, and then pulse in a food process to form crumbs.
- Season with salt.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Separately, toss each vegetable in olive oil, place on a roasting pan, and roast until tender.
- Remove from oven and cool, storing vegetables separately.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until uniformly blended.
- Gently warm Roasted Vegetables and toss with a little olive oil.
- Dust with about 1 tablespoon Thousand Island Powder.
- Plate Roasted Vegetables on a pile and dust with Sunchoke Dirt.
- Dress the greens with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Plate the greens on top of and around the vegetables and garnish with Dehydrated Vegetables.