LL Chicken San Choy Bau
- 1 kilogram chicken mince
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100 millilitres lemon juice
- 100 millilitres fish sauce
- 60 millilitres palm sugar syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass chopped
- 1/4 bunch coriander leaf
- 1/4 bunch mint leaf
- 2 tablespoons fried onion flakes
- 1/2 Spanish onion finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli finely chopped
- 1-2 iceberg lettuce
- Cook chicken mince with vegetable oil in a fry-pan over medium heat.
- Loosen the mince with a wooden spoon while cooking, until it is a fine as possible. Heat until chicken mince is fully cooked and has lost most moisture. Sit aside for later use.
- Add all liquid ingredients, chopped herbs and spices in a large mixing bowl, mix well. Place cooked chicken into the mixture and mix through. Taste the chicken mix and adjust the flavour to taste.
- Prepare lettuce cups and top with chicken mix before serving.
- *Makes 15 - 20 lettuce cups