Grilled Peaches with Amaretto Mascarpone
- 6 peaches fresh
- 250 grams mascarpone cheese
- caster sugar
- unsalted butter
- brandy or any liqueur you like
- 4 fresh mint sprigs
This is one of my favourite summer desserts. I must admit, one of the reasons I probably like it so much is because no matter how many summer cocktails I've had on the balcony I can always roll back into the kitchen for the last course and manage to pull this one off and still impress every time. Considering that all stone fruits are in such abundance in summer feel free to experiment with other fruit variations.
- Leave peaches out of the fridge for a few hours prior to serving.
- If you're doing this recipe for 4 or more you will need to slightly warm the oven, as you will need to do them in batches in the pan.
- Fold 4 tsps of Amaretto into the mascarpone and place in the fridge.
- Cut 1 cheek off either side of each peach (cut just next to the pit starting on the seam and curving out and in around the pit), you should have 12 cheeks.
- Gently sprinkle the flesh side of each cheek with some of the sugar.
- Heat approx 1/2 tsp unsalted butter in large flat non stick pan (heat as hot as possible but do not allow butter to colour.)
- Place 6 of the cheeks face down in the hot pan and allow the sugar to caramelize.
- Deglaze the pan with a splash of liqueur and slide the peaches onto an ovenproof plate and pop in the oven to keep them warm.
- Repeat the above process with the remaining 6 cheeks and divide all 12 amongst 4 plates.
- Once plated, quickly dollop a tbsp of Mascarpone on or next to the peaches and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint. Can also be served with a little summer berry coulis, (as pictured).
- Now quickly get back to the table before your guests drink all the wine.