Green Kohlrabi Soup with Mango, Mint Salad and Rabbit Stew
Kohlrabi Soup (1)
- 310 grams kohlrabi, diced 10 oz
- 250 grams rabbit bone 8 oz
- 8 grams Maldon sea salt 1⁄3 oz
- 0.9 litre mineral water 1 2⁄3 pints
Kohlrabi Soup (2)
- 375 grams kohlrabi with skin, diced 13 oz
- o.9 litre stock 1 2⁄3 pints (see step 1)
- 125 grams chilled butter, diced 4 oz
- Maldon sea salt
- lime juice
- 100 grams kohlrabi leaves 3 1⁄2 oz
- 50 grams warm butter 1 1⁄2 oz
- 250 grams peeled kohlrabi, chopped 8 oz
- 1/8 litre poultry stock 1⁄5 pint
- 25 grams butter 4⁄5 oz
- 2 grams salt 1 /10 oz
- 1-2 gram Sugar 1/10 oz
- 2.5 grams lime juice 1⁄5 oz
- saddle, leg, and liver
- 0.5 litre water 5⁄6 pint
- 35 grams curing salt 11⁄4 oz
- 20 grams brown sugar 2⁄3 oz
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 thyme sprigs
- 1 fresh unpeeled garlic clove
- 5 white pepper grains
- 5 black pepper grains
- 10 coriander seeds
- 1 clove
- Put ingredients in a pot and simmer for 20 min.
- Afterwards, pass through a fine sieve.
- Should yield 0.9 litres (12⁄3 pints) of stock.
- Bring stock to the boil, add kohlrabi dices, and cook until they are tender.
- Blend and pass through a fine sieve yielding 0.8 litres (12⁄5 pints).
- Mix with the butter, reduce to 0.7 litres (11⁄2 pints) and season with salt and lime juice.
- Blanch kohlrabi leaves in salted water, add warm butter, and blend mix in a food processor.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Bring kohlrabi soup to the boil, add kohlrabi paste and season with lime juice.
- Mix thoroughly using a hand blender.
- Add poultry stock, salt, sugar, and lime juice and cook until the kohlrabi is tender.
- Reduce stock completely. Blend well.
- Put mash into a cloth strainer and store in fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Warm up and season before serving.
- Put all ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Then allow mix to cool down.
- Leave saddle and legs to marinate for 24 hours.
- Marinate liver for 12 hours.
- Just before serving, simmer saddle and legs in butter adding thyme and garlic.
- Afterwards, dredge in red pepper skins.
- Gently roast rabbit liver in corn oil.
- Glaze with mango puree.