Duck Aspic with Caviar and Sour Cream
- 5 sheets gelatine
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 duck carcasses
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 carrot
- 50 grams celery root
- 1/2 onion
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 10 star anise
- 2 litre poultry stock
- 100 grams sour cream
- 50 grams caviar
- 12 chervil leaves
- Pre-soak gelatin in cold water.
- Finely chop carcasses and brown in oil. Cut vegetables into small pieces, add to carcasses and continue to brown.
- Sauté onion in a skillet. Then add to carcass mixture together with peppercorns, sea salt and star anise.
- Top off with fish stock and simmer for 2 hours.
- Strain stock and blend with pre-soaked gelatin.
- Pour gelatin mixture into deep plates and refrigerate. Spoon sour cream into a pastry bag and pipe a diamond shape.
- Fill diamond shapes with sour cream and caviar.
- Garnish with chervil leaves.