Crispy Pork Belly
- 1.5 kilograms pork belly bone off, skin on
- cold water enough to cover pork belly
- 250 millilitres white cooking wine
- 1 handful peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon ginger sliced
- 20 grams star anise
Palm Sugar, Kaffir Lime Leaf and Rice Vinegar Syrup
- 100 grams palm sugar
- 100 millilitres water
- 100 millilitres soy sauce
- kaffir lime leaf chopped
- 6 piece long red chillis chopped
- 5 clove garlic crushed
- 50 grams fried onion
- 150 millilitres rice vinegar
- mint leaves
- chilli seeded, juilenned
- crushed peanuts
- Preheat oven to 160 degree
- Place pork belly in a deep tray and add all braising liquid ingredients in, and then fill up with cold water to cover the pork belly.
- Cover the tray with foil.
- Braise in the oven for 4 hours or till tender.
- Once cooked, pour the stock out and remove all spices from pork belly.
- Cover the pork belly with baking paper and keep in fridge overnight and cut into bite sizes next day.
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan except the rice vinegar, bring to boil and simmer for 1 hour to release all flavour from spices.
- Drain the sauce and add rice vinegar then mix well.
- Fry the cut pork belly till the skin is nice crispy. Heat up some palm sugar and rice vinegar syrup in a sauce pan and soaking fried pork belly in the syrup for 30 seconds.
- Blanching some baby bok Choy and place bowl, nicely place pork belly on the top of it. Sprinkle some crushed peanuts and herbs on the top to finish up!