- 1 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 shot gin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Mirin
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 red birds eye chillis
- 2 dozen sydney rock oysters
Summer is the season for eating fresh oysters near the water. For casual occasions you can’t beat the old natural oyster with a squeeze of lemon. However if you’re entertaining you might want to spice things up a little. The fresh chilli and ice cold gin in this marinade should be more than enough to do the trick.
- Place all the above ingredients in a jar, cover with lid and shake vigorously.
- Take teaspoon and drizzle small amount over each oyster just before serving.
- For a more intense flavour; spoon over oysters one hour before serving.
- Note that this recipe is intended to have a fair bit of kick, if it is too spicy remove the seeds from the chilli before chopping, alternatively if it is too alcoholic hold back on half the gin.