Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Cider and Herbs
- 4 cups brussel sprouts trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 cup raw bacon diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaf minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 knob butter
- to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet. Add the bacon and slowly cook until the fat begins to render. Brown the Brussels sprouts in the bacon fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the skillet in a 375 degree oven and roast uncovered for 8 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprout from the oven and add the cider and cook until the cider is completely reduced. Add a touch over of butter and the freshly chopped herbs.
- Finish the dish with some freshly cracked pepper and crunchy sea salt.