Brisket & Brussels Sprouts Fried Rice
- canola oil for frying
- 6 ounce cooked beef brisket diced, about one heaping cup
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion white reserving the sliced greens for garnish
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice dried 1–2 days in refrigerator
- 2 eggs beaten and scrambled with 2 tablespoons garlic chives, sliced
- 1 cup sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed toasted
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped spinach packed
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds stored in pickling liquid (2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon water)
- Heat a wok over high heat.
- Add enough canola oil to film the bottom of the wok.
- Add the brisket, ginger, garlic, and scallion whites.
- Toss rapidly.
- Add the rice, Brussels sprouts, scrambled egg, soy sauce, black rice vinegar, and vegetable stock.
- Season with fennel seed and a pinch of salt.
- Toss rapidly and use the wok spatula to break up any rice that is clumped together.
- Add the baby spinach, toss and cook for a few seconds until it wilts.
- Divide among 4 bowls. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds and scallion greens.