Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Asian Pear Salad
Asian Pear Salad
- 1/2 Asian pear ripe
- 1 teaspoon white truffle honey
Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops
- 4 small sea scallops abductor muscle removed
- 2 slice high quality bacon
- 1 tablespoon chicken liver mousse
- coarse sea salt for garnish
- chopped chives for garnish
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- olive oil for cooking
- olive oil for finishing
- Shave the Asian pear paper thin.
- Drizzle with white truffle honey.
- Wrap scallops with bacon, it should take a ½ piece of bacon per scallop.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over high heat.
- When pan is very hot, drizzle seasoned scallops with some olive oil and place in pan.
- Sear for 3 minutes and turn, sear for 3 minutes more (scallops should be medium).
- To serve, smear chicken liver mousse on plate, place scallops on top of mousse, and place pear salad at the top of the plate.
- Drizzle with finishing olive oil, course gray sea salt and chives.