Asparagus Salad, Meyer Lemon Dressing & Egg Salad Crostini
- 10 spears spears medium size asparagus medium size, blanched
- 1 ounce shaved asparagus
- ½ ounce pickled shallots
- 1 piece crostini brushed with butter and toasted
- ¼ cup egg salad
Meyer Lemon Dressing
- 3 Meyer lemons juice only
- 3 Meyer lemons zest only
- 1 large shallot finely diced
- honey to taste
- 2 cups canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 eggs hard boiled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Place toasted crostini in the centre of a serving dish.
- Top with egg salad, toss asparagus with meyer lemon dressing.
- Arrange the asparagus on the crostini making sure the root end is lined up.
- Toss shaved asparagus with vinaigrette.
- Top asparagus spears with shaved asparagus, pickled shallots and chives.
- Drizzle more dressing around the plate.
- Place all ingredients in a quart container, shake to emulsify.
- Smash eggs.
- Fold in remaining ingredients.