Air-dried Venison Loin with Feta-Green Olive Salad
- 160 grams air-dried venison meat very thinly sliced, alternatively use air-dried beef or Parma ham
- 210 grams Feta cheese mild, cut in cubes
- 60 millilitres virgin olive oil good quality is essential
- 90 grams green olives, pitted good quality olives, cut in wedges
- 40 grams red onions diced
- 1 piece garlic clove sliced
- 1/2 piece lemon juice only
- pepper from the mill
Air dried venison or other game meat is considered a specialty throughout winter in many European countries. In order to preserve the meat gained during the short hunting season, for usage throughout the winter, drying, curing and salting are popular methods.
- Combine the feta cheese, olives, garlic, herbs and red onions in a bowl and marinate with the virgin olive oil and the lemon juice. Season to taste with the freshly ground pepper from the mill.
- Arrange the finely sliced air-dried venison meat around the plate and dress the Feta-olive salad into the middle.
- Season the venison meat with a few turns of freshly ground pepper from the mill.