Paul A Young is a ground breaking and inspirational chocolatier who is at the forefront of the British chocolate scene. Trained as a chef before moving into the world of chocolate, Paul’s passion for his craft and his cutting edge creativity have won him numerous awards including Best Sea Salted Caramel in the World two years running and led to him being ranked amongst the world’s best chocolatiers. Paul now has three chocolateries in London including a flagship store on Wardour Street in Soho.
Paul has a reputation as an incredibly creative chocolatier, a flavour alchemist who often incorporates unusual flavours into his wonderful chocolates and develops flavour combinations that are original, experimental, sometimes daring, yet always perfectly balanced. Paul is passionate about seasonal ingredients, incorporating local, seasonal flavours throughout the year in a constantly changing array of chocolates – spring may well see a ‘ginger and rhubarb chocolate’ with winter flavours such as ‘spiced pumpkin’ appearing in the colder months.
Paul has won numerous awards for his book and for his wonderful chocolates. He has won Golds in the International Chocolate Awards for the past two years including Best Sea Salted Caramel in the world both years.
Paul is the only chocolatier in London working in a truly artisan way; he and his team make all their creations completely by hand, in small batches and at every stage using fresh ingredients, infusing into liquids, adding fresh spices, organic pure distilled essential oils and ripe fruits. They don’t use any compounds, concentrates, essences, preservatives or additives.
Paul is a trained chef and after graduating, quickly worked through the ranks of a restaurant kitchen to the position of head pastry chef for Marco Pierre White at Quo Vadis and Criterion. He then moved into specialising in chocolate, opened his first shop in 2006 and has been creating products that have won awards, wowed customers and earned him the reputation he has today.
Paul’s first book ‘Adventures with Chocolate’ won the World’s Best Chocolate Book at the Gourmand Cookbook Awards in Paris shortly after publication and was recently included in the Independent’s Top 50 cookbooks. Paul regularly appears on television including on This Morning, and Sunday Brunch and has appeared as an expert on Junior Masterchef, Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course, The Apprentice and Paul Hollywood’s Pies and Puds. He also regularly headlines at consumer exhibitions including the Cake & Bake Show, Ideal Home Show and Grand Designs Live. In 2014, the International Chocolate Awards named Paul Outstanding British Chocolatier.
Paul’s dedication to his craft, his personality and his experimental creativity shine through in the quality of his chocolates and through the style of his beautiful, indulgent boutique chocolateries.
Awards and Details
- * Award-winning chocolatier – named Outstanding British Chocolatier by International Chocolate Awards in 2014; award winner at the Academy of Chocolate awards five years running; Best Dark Sea Salted Caramel and Best Plain Truffle in the World at the International Chocolate Awards two years running plus Gold for his Passionfruit Curd; Walpole Brand of Tomorrow 2013
- * Paul previously worked for Marco Pierre White at The Criterion and as head pastry chef at Quo Vadis
- * Paul A Young’s flagship store is at 143 Wardour Street, Soho, London, W1F 8WA. Tel: 020 7437 0011. Open every day of the week
- * He opened first shop in April 2006 and his second shop in the city area of London in October 2007
- * 33 Camden Passage, Islington, London, N1 8EA. Tel: 020 7424 5750. Open Tuesday – Sunday
- * 20, Royal Exchange, Threadneedle St, London, EC3V 3LP Tel: 020 7929 7007. Open Monday – Friday
- * Prices: 1 choc £2, 4 piece box £7.00, 9 piece £15.50, 16 piece £26.00, 25 piece £40.00 & 36 piece £56.00.
- * For more information please contact Kate at nudge on:
- * m: 07801 442 733
- * e: [email protected]
Definitely one for a special dinner party. With its sophisticated, sweet chocolate pastry crust, unctuous ganache filling,...view all