Björn Freitag was born in 1973. Since 1997 he has run the Goldener Anker’ restaurant in Dorsten, Germany. After his apprenticeship he worked in Ente in Lehel’ restaurant in Wiesbaden and Brückenkeller’ restaurant in Frankfurt. He has different Tv shows such as; Der Vorkoster’‚ Einfach & köstlich’ as well as, Und es schmeckt doch’. On top of that, he hosts the famous TV show‚ Die Küchenschlacht’.
Since 2010 he’s the team chef of the soccer club‚ FC Schalke 04’.
- *1 Michelin star (he was the youngest chef who ever has been awarded)
- *15 Points by, Gault Millau’
- *2,5 Points in‚ Feinschmecker’
- *3 Spoons in‚ Aral Schlemmer Atlas’ for the outstanding service and the distinguishes wine menu
- *Freitag in Deutschland: 10 wunderbare Menüs (2008)
- *Björn Freitag – Mein WDR Kochbuch (2013)
- *Sterne-Snacks – Kleine Zaubereien aus der Sterneküche (2013)